New to Power Site? Here's five ways you can optimize your website on your own.
Building your online business using Power Site is the most convenient way of putting your brand out there. Leaving the coding part to Power Site's web developers frees you from doing such meticulous task. So you can focus on other important aspects of your business.
By taking a look at the features of your Power Site, you will be able to determine which areas can be easily optimized on your own. Optimizing your site increases its Search Engine Ranking Position (SERP). Ranking high usually means more visibility online, and thus, bigger chances of gaining more leads.
Here are a few ways to optimize your Power Site:
(1) On-page Optimization
Your Power Site's on-page content optimization may include the following strategies:
- Proper keyword optimization without keyword stuffing - Your primary keywords should be used on page titles, headings, sub-headings, page body/content, product descriptions and tags, image file names and alt texts, meta title and description , page URLs.
- Improve internal link building - You can link your most-linked web pages to your homepage and new SEO-targeted pages to harness link equity.
- Video sitemap - Create a video sitemap if you have numerous video promotions.
- User friendly landing pages - Improve user experience by having clear calls to action, properly constructed website navigation, and properly tagged product images.
- Mobile device compatibility - Make sure that you have a mobile version of your website for customers who use mobile devices when browsing the internet.
- Social media integration - Integrate social media to allow sharing of your content, highlight customer feedback, use as social-based commenting, show trending products/services to your social media followers.
Power Site's content management system allows you to easily manage your site's blog. Maximize these blogging features which will enable you to create properly optimized posts:
- Set up categories to organize blog content to help visitors find the topics they are looking for.
- Use primary and long tail keywords on your posts.
- Include related images and links to reliable resources on your posts.
- Include shareable images you own. Make sure their file names are relevant to the content. Add alt tags when you insert the images on your posts.
(3) Link Building
- Build relationships with other website/blog owners and get backlinks through guest posting.
- Send request letters to manufacturers/suppliers for backlinks on their websites.
- Find and interview influencers in your industry.
- Create shareable infographics.
- Write how-to guides for your target audience.
- Answer questions on platforms like Quora, Yahoo Answers, and other Q&A sites.
- Curate a 'weekly roundup' of best posts within your industry.
(4) Enlisting your Power Site to local directories
- List down all of your business information such as website URL, physical address, telephone number/s, email address, as well as several product images you use on your website. These are required by local directory listings and will appear on a page once your account/submission is approved.
- To find where your competitors are listed, you can use Whitespark's Local Citation Finder.
- Submit your Power Site's URL to all relevant local directories.
(5) Other Best Practices
- Always stick with high quality content for your website and/or blog posts. Apply the same principle in writing services or product descriptions.
- If you do sell products on your Power Site, do not copy the manufacturer's description. Instead, write your own optimized product descriptions your customers can relate to.
- Write long form blog posts particularly for new products you are promoting.
- Many free PR sites are quite dubious. Have a budget set for press releases and make sure the site/s you will choose are highly reputable and known to produce good results.
- Avoid mass submissions to various directories. Pick only relevant authority directories to submit to.
- Do not submit your website to Google using submission sites and tools. Use Google URL submission page.
The ease of having a Power Site for your business does not stop at the completed website itself. There is always room for improvement and there are basic steps you can take as website owner in order to optimize your website further.
Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:18:00 PM