Social media marketing is one of the most important components of internet marketing. If it isn't already part of your marketing, it should be. Here are 20 tips to maximize your social media effectiveness:
1. Post regularly.
2. Post when your customers are most active. E.g. 9 am - 5 pm
3. Ensure you have company accounts on all social media channels that your customers utilize.
4. Always respond to mentions, comments, etc.
5. Thank people for sharing your content!
6. Don't only post your content.
7. Use Google Alerts and custom list searches to quickly identify articles to share with your network.
8. Google Alerts and custom list searches are also useful for finding leads.
9. Ensure that you have a database to store lead information on.
10. Use social media management tools like HootSuite or TweetDeck to post and manage your accounts.
11. Use free or paid analytics tools to track click throughs. Bit.Ly or HubSpot are great free and paid options.
12. Use landing pages and forms to capture leads when people access your content.
13. Adapt your content and messaging based on your click throughs/engagement.
14. Establish which metrics to monitor on your social media accounts.
15. Keep track of these metrics, and create monthly reports to track progress!